Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Daniel Fast Journal

For Facebook Friends, we are still giving you up for our 21 days, but I really wanted to share my journal I am keeping throughout our fast.  So, I am going to use Lily's Blog to do just that.  Besides, most of you know that I make a book out of her blog, and I want her to have this. 

The night before the fast....October 28, 2012  (These are just short excerpts from my journal.)

Tomorrow will be the first day of our family fast, and I am so excited to see how God reveals Himself to me and my family throughout the next 21 days. At this time in our lives, we are asking ourselves many questions.  I am ready and willing to do whatever He calls me to do.  However, I am so worried that I am getting in His way.  My prayer is that He will lead me in His direction for my life without any doubt in my mind. I pray that I will know what He wants from me easily throughout this journey.  I want God to move in BIG ways throughout these 21 days.  So, I am boldly asking for His ways to be revealed.  I pray that God’s will for my servant life at church will be revealed as well.  I know that He has given me strengths and talents- and I want for them all to be seen and used while I am here on this earth.  I do not want to waste another day without serving my God.  Thank you, God, in advance for everything you are about to do for me and my family.  You are the beginning, middle, and end- the alpha and the omega, and you are my everything.  May I serve you each and every day of my life on earth and someday in Heaven.  I love you, Father God! 

No comments: