Monday, December 1, 2008

Pop and Lily

Surgery Update: My surgery is back on for Thursday morning. The Insurance Company made some mistakes! Please pray for us!

Lily absolutely loves her Pop. I must say he is quite a super grandfather to Lily. So, here are a few pictures of them on the farm. Lily loves looking out the windows at the cows. She also made this particular chair hers this weekend. When she wanted something to eat, she would climb up in this one chair and sign the word for food.
Pop and Mammow (my grandmother) kept saying that Lily certainly brought sunshine into their house. They were very sad to see us leave on Sunday. Of course, it will only be 3 weeks until we return.
I also caught Jamie and Lily doing Lily's favorite thing. No matter where we go, we have to take a ton of books. Lily made sure that everyone in family read to her this weekend.
A quick note on my surgery: I went to the doctor's office today to find out the insurance will not pay for my surgery until I am on hormones for 3 months. Four years ago, before we started the adoption, I had endometriosis surgery. Before that, doctors poked and proded me, tested me, medicated me-- you name it. However, none of that counts because it was too long ago. So, the insurance said that they approved my surgery and I was more than welcome to have it this Thursday- but they will not pay for it until I take hormones for 3 months. So, right now, I am worried, scared, shocked... wondering why on earth God would not want me to have this surgery at this time. I have been in a lot of pain the past two months. My doc is furious, but his hands are tied. He says this hormone is strong, and there will be mood swings and weight gain. I am so excited to even think about that! The insurance has us right where they want us. I just can't get over the fact that someone who has never seen me can diagnose my condition and prescribe a treatment. My doc says that he is going to schedule the surgery for 3 months from today because the hormone is not a cure in any way. It probably won't help with the pain at all- direct quote from doc. So, we really need your prayers over the next 3 months. I was really looking forward to feeling better and being more active again.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my what a roller coaster ride! Stephanie- I have had you all on my calendar for the 4th since Jamie told me about the surgery! Remember- I will be glad to help in anyway I can! Love you guys and you are in my prayers!