Monday, September 15, 2008

6 Unspectacular Things About Me

Well, I have been "tagged" by a wonderful friend who we met in China, Jen. Below is a picture of her beautiful daughter, Lilli with our Lily. She has tagged me to tell 6 Unspectacular Things about myself. You can go check out her blog and see her Unspectacular Things which are really Spectacular, by the way. Her website is the link to the left titled The Princess Diary. 1. I still live in the exact same house that I grew up in! When my Mom went to Heaven back in 2001, my Dad gave us this home. It is such a comfort to keep the house in the family, and we love living where Mom taught us all she knew.
2. Clearly, I also live in the same town where I grew up. I went away to college for one-year, but came home quickly because I missed my Mom.
3. I teach 4th grade in the same school where my Mom taught 1st grade for over 30 years. I actually even taught in the same room for awhile!
4. I met Jamie when we were Seniors in high school. It was totally love at first sight- for me! We got together, split up, got together, split up again, and then one day when we were both in college- Jamie called me. He said that he realized what he had, and he wanted me back! That was that, and we have been happily ever after ever since!
5. I am a neat-freak! Everything must be in its home at all times. I spend my days (when Lily is napping) organizing closets and cleaning. Yes, I really do enjoy it!
6. My favorite place to be is with Jamie and Lily. As long as we are together, nothing else matters. I am a homebody, but I love to travel. Jamie and Lily both have the social-bug gene.
(Totally unspectacular- my favorite color is purple, but secretly- I love the color gray! All of my comfy clothes are gray. But, it is just the best laying-around-the-house color of clothing!)

One last thing:
I had to show you a picture of Lily's last ride in the Jeep Wrangler. We had to trade it in because of gas mileage, etc. So, hopefully, we will take some pictures of Mama's new ride this weekend. I absolutely love it, and Lily really loves the new ride we have! She giggles and laughs every time we go somewhere. I will post pictures soon...

1 comment:

Aimee D said...

we have to keep our little chick away from the phone too...she would probably be calling europe or something every day if we didn't keep it away from her reach!