Friday, August 15, 2008

Green with Envy

We are sometimes green with envy because exactly 5 months ago on St. Patrick's Day (get the Green part) we were united with our Lily. Sure, the first few days were not easy. But, the time we spent together in China will forever be one of our favorite times to remember. After waiting 3 years to hold our beautiful daughter in our arms, March 17th around 4:30 p.m. was the best moment ever for both us! Recently, some of our China friends gave us some pictures that they took of us on that special day. So, since this Sunday marks 5 months, and Lily will be 15 months old- we thought we would look back on that blessed day that has forever changed our lives for the better. ( and we would love to go back and relive it over again)Do you see our Lily pitching a fit in a half? She had that huge red jacket on that swallowed her tiny body, and she had just gotten a major haircut. We are showing the people at the Civil Affairs office our passports in order to claim Lily as our own. The other babies in the background are just waiting for their turn to be claimed while many anxious parents behind us were crying tears of joy watching every family come together.
This picture shows the lady from the orphanage bringing Lily to us. She is getting ready to hand her off to me. I am beside myself with joy at this moment. I just want to hold my baby.
Finally, they pass her over to me. She cried and cried. Then, she looked at me for a moment and made eye contact with me. She stopped crying for a second. Then, the tears came flowing again.
This is the picture on the day before we left China. I had been sick for three days, and Jamie had been taking care of Lily throughout that time by himself. We were both worn out, but Lily was used to us by this time. She knew she was ours, and she was settling in perfectly.
We are so thankful for our Lily. I am sad to see her so upset in the first pictures, but we knew that God had made her specifically for us. So, we knew that in His time, she would know she was ours too. Now, looking back, I cannot believe that 5 months with Lily have just flown by. As I type, she is giggling with her Baba and rolling around in the floor. Our lives feel so complete with Lily here. We have learned one thing through our experience- you may not ever understand why God allows certain things to happen in your life- but His plan is always perfect! Lily is proof of that!

3 comments:

Aimee D said...

So true and so beautifully put!

Anonymous said...

Ok that gave me chills just reading that and the comment on the end although was for you and Lily fit for me and Jayci at this time and just about made me cry!! I'm so glad God gave Lily to you. Cherish every moment! We Love you!

Kevin and Kim said...

Can you believe it has been 5 months!! This was a great post, and I loved the pictures...I see Kev and I in one...that is one I haven't seen, and it is great to see pictures that others took and I wish I had more.

I too would give anything to go back to that day and do it all over again. I still get out my green t-shirt and wear it..somehow it's a small piece of the excitement we felt that day!!

Happy 5 months!!

Kim :)