Sunday, April 4, 2010

Thank You Jesus!

There is not a day that goes by in which we forget to be thankful for all that God has given us. After waiting for so long to be parents, we are definitely two people who never take that responsibility lightly. At the same time, we have so much love to give Lily since we have stored it up for so long while we waited for her. At church today as I listened to what Jesus did for us- I thought about how I can't even imagine what His love for us must be like. Parental love is so different from other kinds of love, and it is so amazing. So, I think about how much we love Lily...
when she doesn't want to come inside regardless of what time it is and the fact that we have to get up and go to work in the morning...
when she only wants to eat grapes or some other fruit all day long and she doesn't want to go to bed, especially not in her own room...
Or when we watch real faces (not posed shots for Mama) that are angry and upset because she just doesn't get her way...
And it just doesn't matter what she does--- Our love for her exists in huge amounts. It is the most unconditional love I have ever felt. It feels me up completely, makes me exceedingly happy and extremely upset, yet it is always there- unchanging...constant...abundant...and forgiving.
That is just our human love. Can you even imagine how God feels about us?



No comments: