Monday, June 8, 2009

P for Paris...

While we were eating lunch at my Dad's house, Lily walked into the other room when she was all done. She was in there for awhile, then she walked back into the kitchen and brought her new DoodleBoard with her. She has already worn out the one we got her for Christmas. She showed us the P she made all by herself. We were all pretty impressed. She said, "Mama- P for Paris." She thought that one up on her own- from spelling Paris every night after bathtime I am sure. She knows every letter of the alphabet now with no difficulty, and she now knows words that start with each letter. So, as we are asking her letters- she says "A for apple, B for Baba, C for Cat, D for Dog, etc." We had been teaching her "P for Pop"- so that is what we thought she was going to say. Then, she came out with the other. I am so proud of my little world traveler...
So, we finally made it to Kentucky to celebrate Lily's birthday. We have been trying to go for a couple of weeks, but she has been sick. She still has a leftover cough, but we thought she could make it this time. She enjoyed opening presents.
You know it has gotten bad when we were at Aunt Sharon and Uncle Tom's house, and she opened presents there- and then said, "More presents." Oh.... Lily. I guess that is what happens after you have birthday parties for a few weeks straight! :0) I think Lily's favorite part of the weekend was spending time with her 2 second cousins- Wyatt and Alex. She loved playing Legos with them. Aunt Sharon took lots of pictures of them, so I am hoping she will share some that I can post later. They were so sweet together!

2 comments:

jocelyn031708 said...

Lily is so smart!! She knows all of her letters already. Jocelyn is working on it. I am so glad that you were able to get to Kentucky and I am sorry that Lily has been ill. I am glad that she is doing better.

Renee and Jocelyn

Kevin and Kim said...

First of all, Lily's hair is so gorgeous and full! I love the way you have it in the clip in these pictures. She is so smart! Sorry to hear that she has been sick!