Saturday, May 19, 2012

SCC

 We went to see SCC this evening.  We actually got to meet him, and Jamie was able to share our connection with him.  I couldn't believe it when I heard him telling SCC that in March of 2005, at his concert, God spoke to us about adoption.  Then, in the parking lot after the concert we looked at each other and immediately felt led to China- at the same time- without a doubt.  We knew that Lily, our daughter that God made just for us, would be waiting for us there.
 Being there...listening to him sing "Yours"- where he talked about walking the streets of London, Uganda, Singapore, Manila, and Shanghai...
And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
From the stars in the sky
To the depths of the ocean floor
And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
You're the Maker and Keeper, Father and Ruler of everything
It's all Yours..... 
     I felt as though God was speaking to us as a family once again.  Not about adoption this time, but something else.  Jamie felt it too, so we will see where God leads us next.  
Being there watching the girls laughing together and dancing together...hearing the songs about adoption and love...I was very emotional tonight.  I am so thankful...so blessed that God has given us the gift of adoption not only with our beautiful, precious daughter...but in His adoption for us.  His love is so amazing...unconditional... never-ending...and so not deserved.  But, I will accept it all...and I will continue to do my best to be His each and every day of my life.

Another awesome concert SCC!  Thank you Amy and Ira for setting up our Meet & Greet.  This little tidbit is just for Lily since I make this blog into a book for her to keep and read someday...Steven Curtis Chapman even mentioned our story on stage and pointed us out in the audience.  I hope you remember this evening.... and always remember how important it is to always listen to what God says to you when He shouts and when He whispers!

No comments: